FIRST LINE MANAGERS PROGRAMME
NQF LEVEL 5
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The First Line Manager Programme (FLMP) is designed for junior managers as an entry-level management and leadership intervention.
The programme is designed to enable the participant to thoughtfully spearhead their management and leadership journey, and to address the pivotal growth strategies needed for the organization. This programme provides individuals with the tools and processes needed to meet their organisation’s leadership challenges.
A person who aspires to become a first line manager, who holds a minimum of a grade 12 certificate and at least 3 years experience.
This programme is aimed at team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen who want to progress us the management ladder.
Matric, NQF Level 4 or equivalent or a minimum of 3 years working experience. If you do not have an NQF 4 qualification or higher, then you may qualify for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Seven modules over twelve months making the learning journey easy for those in employment.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.