EMERGING MANAGERS PROGRAMME
NQF LEVEL 4
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This programme is aimed at individuals who plan to grow their careers in management and leadership but lack a formal Grade 12 qualification.
The programme lays the foundation for management and focuses on building competencies required by junior managers. The qualification introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to be informed managers in any occupation.
The scope of management covers four domains:
- People management and
- Management of the organization.
Individuals who want to enter management, who currently do not possess a grade 12 certificate, but have accumulated years of workplace experience.
Communication, English and basic Mathematical literacy at an NQF Level 3. Must be able to communicate in English
Seven modules over twelve months making the learning journey easy for those in employment.
The learners who achieve this qualification will be able to demonstrate competencies in management relating to Planning, Organising, Leading, Controlling and Ethics.
Overall, this qualification will ensure that learners are capable of:
- Developing management and leadership skills to achieve defined objectives.
- Organising resources in accordance with a developed plan.
- Leading a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives.
- Monitoring performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
- Making decisions based on a code of ethics.